DSSSB or Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board every year conducts exams for various teaching posts like Post Graduate Teachers, Trained Graduate Teachers, Primary Teachers, etc. DSSSB PGT is a good opportunity for candidates who are aspiring to get a government job in the education sector.
DSSSB had already declared the exam dates for PGT exams on its official site. Candidates who want to apply for this post should know the syllabus, Important dates, and eligibility criteria. Let’s see the eligibility criteria for the DSSSB PGT exams.
We all know that candidates who want to apply for any competitive examinations should meet the eligibility criteria. Applicants have to clear all three eligibility criteria for the DSSSB PGT post. The first is an age limit, the second is an educational qualification and the third is citizenship.
For the DSSSB PGT post, the first eligibility criteria is an age limit. There is two different age limit for two different posts. The first one is for the PGT teacher and the second is for Educational and Vocational Guidance Counselor. There is also has age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and Departmental candidates, Ex-Servicemen Group B, C, Disabled Defence Services, Widow/divorced women/judicially separated and who are not married. All the age group has been mentioned below.
Below 36 yeras
Educational and Vocational Guidance Counselor
Below 30 years
PWD + OBC
Upto 05 years
Ex-Servicemen Group B & C (Non- Gazetted)
Period of Military service plus 3 years
Disabled Defence Services Personnel (Group C)
45 years (50 years of SC/ST 48 years for OBC)
Widows/divorced/women judicially separeted and who are not married (for group C posts)
Up to the age of 35 years (up to 40 years for SC/ST & 38 for OBC)
For the DSSSB PGT post, Educational Qualification is the second and most important eligibility criterion. Candidates who want to appear in the DSSSB PGT examination should meet the educational qualification. Here is the complete list of the educational qualification for the PGT teachers.
Biology, Chemistry, Commerce, English, History, Maths, Physics, Hindi
1. Master's Degree in the subject concerned from any recognized University.
2. Degree / Diploma in Traning/Education.
PGT Computer Science
1. B.E or B.Tech (Computer Science/IT) plus Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications and C Level Diploma from DOEACC, Ministry of Communications and IT Plus one Year Teaching Experience.
2. M.Sc (Computer Science)/MCA plus one-year Teaching Experience.
3. Master of Engineering or M.Tech (Computer science/IT).
1. Bachelor in Fine Art (with Graphics Specialization).
2. Higher secondary/Intermediate/Sr. School Certificate Examination with a minimum of 5 years (full-time) Diploma in Panting/Commercial Art with graphics as one of the subjects.
PGT Physical Education
1. Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed)
2. Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Health and Physical Education and degree in Sports at least 55% marks as per national council for Teacher Education Regulations 2009.
3. At least 50% marks in the B.P.Ed. Degree/B.P.Ed. four years of a professional degree in accordance with the national council for Teacher Education Regulations 2007.
PGT Home Science
1. M.Sc. (Home Science) from a recognized University.
2. B.Sc. (Home Science) B. Ed. from a recognized University provided the teacher has satisfactorily pursued a condensed course in Home Science through three consecutive summer institutes or through a one-year evening course.
PGT Engineering Drawing
1. Master Degree in Drawing & Painting with a recognized diploma/certificate of minimum one-year duration provided the person has studied Geometrical/Mechanical Drawing in his course.
2. Graduate in Architecture from a recognized University or Institute established by law or equivalent degree.
3. Holder of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (3 years course) from any state Board or Technical Education.
PGT Fine Arts
1. Graduate with Drawing & Painting as one of the subjects with a minimum of 4 years (Full Time) diploma from a recognized Institute/University.
2. Master's Degree in Fine Art/Drawing &Painting with a minimum of 2 years (Full Time) diploma from a recognized Institute/University.
1. MA (Music) or M (Music) of any recognized University.
2. Sangeet Alankar (MMusic) from All India Gandharva Mahavidyalay Mandal Bombay - 8 years.
3. Sangeet Nipun (MMusic) the Bhatkhande Sangeet Vidyapeeth, Lucknow - 7 years.
Physical Education Teacher
Graduate with Bachelor's of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) or its equivalent.
Domestic Science Teacher
1. B.A. Degree in Domestic Science/Home Science subject from recognized University.
2. Must have passed Hindi as a subject at the Secondary Level.
A candidate applying for the DSSSB PGT exam must be a citizen of India. For registration of this exam, candidates have to submit their identity and nationality proof. Without identity and nationality, proof candidates could not apply in this exam.
Candidates must be between 17 to 32 years of age. The DSSSB 2021 has three stages such as One Tier Exam, Two-Tier Exam, and Skill Test. The eligible candidates who apply will be able to download the admit card and appear in the One Tier Exam.
PGT- PGT stands for Post Graduate Teacher. For this post, you must have a degree of B. Ed. and Post-Graduation.
Yes B. Ed course is mandatory in order to be eligible for PGT post in DSSSB recruitment. Here is the detailed educational qualification that is required.
MED is Not eligible for PGT in schools. But in case of BED college lecturer post, u r MED may be considered. For PGT you need to have Masters degree in science subject .
Based on the graduation degree, candidates can choose from the below mentioned subject combinations for PGT (Post Graduate Teacher). Applicants can choose any two subjects of their choice. ... B.A + B. ED + MA Hindi. English. History. Political Science. Geography. Home Science. Music.