The Indian Railway Recruitment Board has invited applications for various vacancies for Junior Engineers. candidates are ready as the tentative application start date is January first week. We will discuss the step-by-step process of the application online and how to check the RRB JE Application Status.
Let’s have a look at the important dates first.
To know how to Download Admit card for RRB JE follow the RRB JE Notification page.
RRB JE Application Status – Important Dates:
|Probable Dates for RRB JE
||RRB JE Events
|Jan 2020 1st Week.
||Vacancy Notification Release.
|The first week of Jan 2020.
||Online Application Start Date.
|Jan 2020 Last Week.
||Online Application Closing Date.
|Feb 1st Week 2020.
||Online Application Fee Payment Closing Date.
|No Later than Feb first week of 2020.
||Offline Application Fee Payment Closing Date.
|Second Week of February 2020.
||Online Application Receipt Closing Date in all aspects.
|In April 2020.
||CBT-I Admit Card Release Date.
|Either in April 2020 or May 2020.
||Computer Based Test Phase I.
|Date Yet to Be Released.
||CBT Phase-I Result Release.
|Not Yet Announced.
||Computer Based Test Phase-II Admit Card Release.
|Date Yet to Be Released.
||Computer Based Test Phase-II.
|Not Yet Announced.
||CB Test Phase-II Result Release.
|Date Yet to Be Released.
||Qualified candidate’s Document Verification.
|Date Yet to Be Released.
||Qualified candidate’s Medical Test.
RRB JE Application Status:
To begin with, I must say, it is absolutely important to know the correct process of submitting an application online or else the application might get rejected. Its also to be noted in RRB JE the online application has to be right in the first place there would not be any scope of correcting it afterward. So, let’s have a look into the detailed step by step process of online application:
Step By Step Process to check RRB JE Application Status:
- Candidates must visit the region-wise official website of RRB to apply for RRB JE Vacancies.
- Candidates must choose a particular job post within RRB JE vacancies to apply for. Please note once an application is processed and the registration number is generated there is no option to go back and make any changes to the application you have made in the first place.
- Read all the terms and conditions carefully and once you understand them clearly, click on the checkbox to confirm that.
- Candidates should provide all the following details in the registration form:
- The DOB (Date of Birth.
- Parent’s name (Mother and Father).
- Govt ID card Number (Adhar Card).
- ITI Roll Number/SSLC/Matriculation.
- Year of Passing (Matriculation & Degree/ Diploma).
- Mobile number & Email ID.
- Please note the email ID and the mobile number that the candidate has provided in the online application should belong to him or her because a verification for both Email ID and Mobile no will be conducted by sending a One Time Password (OTP).
- Once the entrant is done filling in the details he or she must double-check before clicking on the submit button as there is no scope to make corrections.
- At this point, candidates will be provided with their registration number. They must note it down in a safe place because RRB authorities will not entertain and request regarding the re-issuing of the registration number.
- After noting down the registration number carefully candidates must fill the other details in Part I of the form:
- Gender of the Entrant.
- Entrant’s Educational Skills.
- Entrant’s Community.
- Their Religion.
- Category of the minority if any.
- Age relaxation if applicable.
- Mention if the candidates are from economically backward classes.
- Candidates must check the second part of the form to check out if they are eligible for more than one job post. In case the candidate is eligible he or she must enter the exam group in the form.
- Once the candidates complete filling all the details, they would be redirected to the application fee payment page. Once the payment is made the application process will be completed.
- In case the entrant falls under the PwBD group, then he or she may choose to indicate the Scrib option. Not to forget the candidates who are visually impaired or have movement disabilities are only allowed to avail themselves, the Scrib facility.
- Candidates must enter all the details of their educational skills.
- Candidates will be now asked to choose their desired language mode. The default language is always English however you may choose your preferred regional language among the following languages:
- Now the candidates will be asked to fill in other details like mother tongue, identification mark present in their body or birthmarks, home address and so on.
- Candidates may enter their bank details in case they are eligible for a refund of application fees.
- Lastly, the candidates should attach a scanned copy of their signature and their photograph to complete the application process.
- Candidates will be now directed to pay the application fee to complete the application online.
- It is very important to check the RRB JE Application Status after the fee is paid.
- The application fee can be paid both in online and offline mode.
- Candidates can pay through internet banking, debit/credit card or by UPI.
- If they want to pay by offline mode they can pay through SBI Bank Branches or any computerized branch of the post office.
- Candidates must generate an E challan for fee payment.
- After payment of the application fees, candidates must check RRB JE Application Status. If the status-completed or not.
- The candidates must generate chalan if they are intending to pay offline.
- After the application fee is paid in offline mode the candidates must go back and submit the payment challan on the official website.
- Candidates must check the RRB JE Application status after submitting an offline payment challan to ensure it shows completed or else the application may not be accepted at all.
- Any candidates whose RRB JE Application status is incomplete will not be allowed to appear for the exam. They would not get a refund of the application fees as well.
So, what is the application fee for RRB JE? That would be the first question that an entrant may think of, after going through the application process. Let’s have a look at the fee for various groups of candidates.
RRB JE Application Fees:
- All candidates who fall under reserved groups, such as OBC, SC, ST, Female candidates, and candidates belonging to the economically backward class will have to pay Rs 250/- for application. Likewise, candidates who are Transgender and other minority groups will also need to pay Rs 250/- for the application of RRB JE.
- However, all candidates from other groups or unreserved groups will have to pay Rs 500/- for the application of RRB JE.
Moving forward we would look into the links for RRB JE Region-wise Centers so that candidates can log into them and apply accordingly.
Table Of Region-wise Official Link of RRB:
Find the details of the RRB JE Exam on our RRB JE Exam Pattern page.
Hardcopy Document Uploading Instruction for RRB JE Online Application:
It is to be noted that only the correct application will be accepted by RRB hence candidates must check everything carefully before submitting the application. There is some guideline for uploading picture and signature in the application. Let’s find out:
Photo Uploading Advice:
- The photograph should be a coloured one and not black and white.
- It should passport size with white background.
- The image size should be 35 mm X 45 mm or 320 X 240 pixel.
- It should be scanned and in JPEG/ JPG format with DPI resolution 100.
- The image size should not exceed 20-50 Kb.
- Photographs should be taken in the recent past if the entrant is uploading it in Jan 2020 he could use an image taken in December 2019.
- The photo must be taken from a professional studio and must have a clear view of the entrant’s face.
- The entrant should not wear any accessories like sunglasses or a cap while the picture was taken.
- Image must have 50% area covered by the face of the entrant.
- The head, eye, nose, chin, should not be covered with hair, cloths or any shadow.
- The candidates wear glasses, he or they must ensure that the photo does not have glare in it.
- The image must match the entrant’s look on the day of examination.
- Disable candidates must upload an image proving their disability, which they have also used in their disability certificate.
- Candidates should keep at least 12 copies of the same picture as they may require it in the further exam or document verification.
Signature Uploading Advice:
- The signature should be done with a black coloured ink pen, on white paper within a box size(50 mm X 20 mm).
- Candidates must sign in running letters, not in a block or capital letters.
- The scanned image of the signature should be in JPG/JPEG format with a resolution of 100 DPI.
- Dimensions of the image must be 50 mm X 20 mm or 140 X 60 pixels.
- The signature image size must be between 10-40 KB.
SC/ST Certificate Uploading Advice:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST group and who have opted for free rail travel must upload SC/ST certificate.
- The scanned image of the certificate should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- The size of the scanned image should be between 50-100 KB.
- They must also upload the second class pass image for free Rail Travel Authority.
Note: If the candidates fail to upload hard copy documents in the above-mentioned format an error message will be displayed.
In conclusion, it is found that the application form of the RRB JE Exam contains many delicate parameters to be followed. The candidates must be very careful while filling the form and must read and check every detail before filling forms. There is an option to do minor and major corrections in the form in case this goes wrong, however, for one minor change there is a fee of Rs 100 payable and for a major change, it is Rs 250. So it is advisable to take the time to read every detail and fill the form for the RRB JE exam.
Find the details of eligibility criteria for the exam on the RRB JE Eligibility page.
RRB JE Application Form FAQs
How many regional websites are there to applying for RRB JE?
There are a total of 21 regional websites to choose from for applying for the RRB JE exam.
How can I get my admit card or hall ticket for the exam?
RRB will release all admit cards through their particular regional website within the time they have announced.
Can I pay the examination fee for RRB JE pay by BHIM or UPI?
Yes, you can pay your exam fees by BHIM, UPI, Rupay Debit or Credit Card, Mastercard, Maestro Card and bank’s payment portals.
Is the Adhar Card number mandatory to put in the application form?
No, it is not mandatory to put adhar card no in the application. The mandatory fields are indicated by the red star in the form.
Can I apply for vacancies available in more than one zone?
No, if you are applying for one particular zone then you may be eligible for more than one job post within the same zone, however, you will not be allowed to apply in other zones. If you are found to do so, you will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
My name in the matriculation certificate and adhaar card does not match, as I have got my name changed. Can I apply for RRB JE?
Yes, you can if you can provide the legal documents or name change gazette.