RRB conducts registration for all of their exams online. They have opened RRB NTPC Application Online in the first week of March 2021. RRB will close the registration by 31st March 2021. Entrants who want to apply for it must check the Official Websites of RRB for various regions and vacancies according to the regions for applying. There are certain steps and instructions that you must follow to complete the application correctly. Entrants often make mistakes in the registration process. RRB cancels all the wrong applications. Entrants must know the correct process to apply for the NTPC exam. We will have a look through the process of RRB NTPC Apply Online. Entrants must also note it is important to go through the RRB NTPC Eligibility 2021 the know if they meet all the criteria before they process an application for a particular post.
Before we move to the application process let’s have a look into the vacancies available per regions of RRB:
RRB NTPC Apply Online – State Wise Vacancy & Official Website Address:
The above-mentioned table shows the number of vacancies available per region. Entrants must also follow RRB NTPC Syllabus and topic to study. RRB NTPC Exam Pattern is also equally to start preparing for the exam. Entrants must apply for job posts from their respective chosen RRB centres. Now let have a look at the guidelines for RRB NTPC Apply Online.
RRB NTPC Apply Online 2021 -Step by Step Process:
RRB NTPC Apply Online Step- 1
- Log into the official website of your choice.
- Entrants must choose a particular job post within RRB NTPC vacancies to apply for. Please note once an application is processed and the registration number is generated there is no option to go back and make any changes to the application you have made in the first place.
- Read all the terms and conditions carefully and once you understand them clearly, click on the checkbox to confirm that.
- Entrants should provide all the following details in the registration form:
- The DOB (Date of Birth.
- Parent’s name (Mother and Father).
- Govt ID card Number (Adhar Card).
- ITI Roll Number/SSLC/Matriculation.
- Year of Passing (Matriculation & Degree/ Diploma).
- Mobile number & Email ID.
- Please note the email ID and the mobile number that the candidate has provided in the online application should belong to him or her because a verification for both Email ID and Mobile no will be conducted by sending a One Time Password (OTP).
- Once the entrant is done filling in the details he or she must double-check before clicking on the submit button as there is no scope to make corrections.
RRB NTPC Apply Online Step- 2
- At this point, entrants will be provided with their registration number. They must note it down in a safe place because RRB authorities will not entertain and request regarding the re-issuing of the registration number.
- After noting down the registration number carefully entrants must fill the other details in Part I of the form:
- Gender of the Entrant.
- Entrant’s Educational Skills.
- Entrant’s Community.
- Their Religion.
- Category of the minority if any.
- Age relaxation if applicable.
- Mention if the entrants are from economically backward classes.
- Entrants must check the second part of the form to check out if they are eligible for more than one job post. In case the candidate is eligible he or she must enter the exam group in the form.
RRB NTPC Apply Online Step- 3
- Once the Entrants complete filling all the details, they would be redirected to the application fee payment page. Once the payment is made the application process will be completed.
- In case the entrant falls under the PwBD group, then he or she may choose to indicate the Scrib option.
- Entrants must enter all the details of their educational skills.
RRB NTPC Apply Online Step- 4
- Entrants will be now asked to choose their desired language mode. The default language is always English however you may choose your preferred regional language.
- Now the entrants will be asked to fill in other details like mother tongue, identification mark present in their body or birthmarks, home address and so on.
- Lastly, the entrants should attach a scanned copy of their signature and their photograph to complete the application process.
RRB NTPC Apply Online Step- 5
- Entrants will be now directed to pay the application fee to complete the application online.
- It is very important to check the RRB NTPC Application Status after the fee is paid.
- The application fee can be paid both in online and offline mode.
- Entrants can pay through internet banking, debit/credit card or by UPI.
- If they want to pay by offline mode they can pay through SBI Bank Branches or any computerized branch of the post office.
- Entrants must generate an E challan for fee payment.
- After payment of the application fees, entrants must check RRB NTPC Application Status. If the status-completed or not.
- The entrants must generate chalan if they are intending to pay offline.
- After the application fee is paid in offline mode the entrants must go back and submit the payment challan on the official website.
- Entrants must check the RRB NTPC Application status after submitting an offline payment challan to ensure it shows completed or else the application may not be accepted at all.
- Any entrants whose RRB NTPC Application status is incomplete will not be allowed to appear for the exam. They would not get a refund of the application fees as well.
Next, we must know what is the application fee for RRB NTPC 2021, who have to pay and who are exempted from it. Let’s have a look:
RRB NTPC Application Fees:
- All entrants who fall under reserved groups, such as OBC, SC, ST, Female entrants, and entrants belonging to economically backward class will have to pay Rs 250/- for application. Likewise, entrants who are Transgender and other minority groups will also need to pay Rs 250/- for the application of RRB NTPC.
- However, all entrants from other groups or unreserved groups will have to pay Rs 500/- for the application of RRB NTPC.
- On appearing in CBT 1 Rs 400 deducting bank charges, will be refunded to all unreserved category entrants.
- However, for OBC, SC, ST, Female entrants, and entrants belonging to economically backward class Rs 250 deducting bank charges, will be refunded on appearing in CBT 1.
Entrants must also check the RRB NTPC Admit Card Download process which is generally released 2 weeks before the exam. Entrants must also know how to upload the documents required in the RRB NTPC Apply Online Process. Instructions are given below:
RRB NTPC Apply Online – Document Uploading Instruction:
It is to be noted that only the correct application will be accepted by RRB hence entrants must check everything carefully before submitting the application. There is some guideline for uploading picture and signature in the application. Let’s find out:
Photo Uploading Advice:
- The photograph should be a coloured one and not black and white.
- It should passport size with white background.
- The image size should be 35 mm X 45 mm or 320 X 240 pixel.
- It should be scanned and in JPEG/ JPG format with DPI resolution 100.
- The image size should not exceed 20-50 Kb.
- Photographs should be taken in the recent past if the entrant is uploading it in Jan 2021 he could use an image taken in December 2021.
- The photo must be taken from a professional studio and must have a clear view of the entrant’s face.
- The entrant should not wear any accessories like sunglasses or a cap while the picture was taken.
- Image must have 50% area covered by the face of the entrant.
- The head, eye, nose, chin, should not be covered with hair, cloths or any shadow.
- The entrants wear glasses, he or they must ensure that the photo does not have glare in it.
- The image must match the entrant’s look on the day of examination.
- Disable entrants must upload an image proving their disability, which they have also used in disability certificate.
- Entrants should keep at least 12 copies of the same picture as they may require it in the further exam or document verification.
Signature Uploading Advice:
- The signature should be done with a black coloured ink pen, on white paper within a box size(50 mm X 20 mm).
- Entrants must sign in running letters, not in a block or capital letters.
- The scanned image of the signature should be in JPG/JPEG format with a resolution of 100 DPI.
- Dimensions of the image must be 50 mm X 20 mm or 140 X 60 pixels.
- The signature image size must be between 10-40 KB.
SC/ST Certificate Uploading Advice:
- Entrants belonging to SC/ST group and who has opted for free rail travel must upload SC/ST certificate.
- The scanned image of the certificate should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- The size of the scanned image should be between 50-100 KB.
- They must also upload the second class pass image for free Rail Travel Authority.
Note: If the entrants fail to upload hard copy documents in the above-mentioned format an error message will be displayed. Entrants must go back correct the format and then complete the applying process.
RRB NTPC Online application process contains many delicate parameters to be followed. The entrants must be very careful while filling the form and must read and check every detail before filling forms. There is an option to do minor and major corrections in the form in case this goes wrong, however, for one minor change there is a fee of Rs 100 payable and for a major change, it is Rs 250. So it is advisable to take the time to read every detail and fill the form for RRB NTPC Exam and keep an eye on the RRB NTPC Notification for exam dates.
RRB NTPC Apply Online FAQs
How can I get my admit card or hall ticket for the exam?
RRB will release all admit cards through their particular regional website two weeks before the exam.
Can I pay the examination fee for RRB JE pay by BHIM or UPI?
Yes, you can pay your exam fees by BHIM, UPI, Rupay Debit or Credit Card, Mastercard, Maestro Card and bank’s payment portals.
Is the Adhar Card number mandatory to put in the application form?
No, it is not mandatory to put adhar card no in the application. The mandatory fields are indicated by the red star in the form.
Can I apply for vacancies available in more than one zone?
No, if you are applying for one particular zone then you may be eligible for more than one job post within the same zone, however, you will not be allowed to apply in other zones. If you are found to do so, you will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
My name in the matriculation certificate and adhar card does not match, as I have got my name changed. Can I apply for RRB NTPC?
Yes, you can if you can provide the legal documents or name change gazette.
How can I retrieve my RRB NTPC registration no, if I forget it?
To retrieve the registration number follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Log into the RRB NTPC official website.
• Choose your region.
• Click on Forgot Registration Number Option.
• Fill in the details asked.
• Father's name, Email and Security code.
• Click on submit and you will receive an email suggesting your details.