SSC CGL 2021
Entrants preparing for the SSC CGL 2021 exam must prepare themselves for the General knowledge section. This section holds the lion’s share of the score in the General Awareness paper. SSC CGL GK questions are multiple chose hence easy to answer and score maximum.
Apart from this entrants must keep in mind that the exam Admit cards will be given out from the Official Website. You must check SSC CGL Notification to check for any new updates.
So we will quickly have a look at the subjects of GK and some important topics. Entrants should prepare accordingly to score maximum in the SSC CGL GK section:
- Computer and mobile technology.
The below-mentioned table is showing the topics that need to be covered to prepare for SSC CGL GK Exam:
Science/ History Topics for SSC CGL GK:
- Law of Motion
- Gravitational force.
- Measurement Units.
- Sound Energy,
- Heat Energy,
- Various Chemicals Composition.
- Their Uses & Common Names.
- Study of Alloys.
- Questions Based on Definition of following topics- Heat,
- Reduction etc.
- Units of SI.
- Change – Chemical & Physical.
- Applied chemistry in everyday life.
- Diseases occurring due to Deficiency & lack of Nutrients,
- Prevention & Cure of various Diseases.
- Animal Kingdom (Basic Study).
- Parts & Functions of the Human Body.
- Functions & Parts of Plants.
- Religious practices- Buddhism and Jainism.
- The Indus Valley Civilization.
- The Gupta Empire,
- The Mauryan Empire,
- Period post-Mauryan Kingdoms.
- Fifteenth & Sixteenth-Century Religious Movements.
- The Mughal Dynasty.
- Later Mughal Dynasty.
- The Maratha States.
- Delhi Sultanate the Establishment & Expansion.
- British Conquest of India & European Penetration.
- India’s Awakening in Social & Cultural aspect, Major Battles of India.
- National Congress of India,
- The Great Revolt (1857),
- India’s Fight for Swaraj – I, 1919 – 1927,
- India’s Fight for Swaraj – II.
- 1927-1947, 1905-1918- Nationalist Movement: Militant Nationalism Growth.
- The Princely States of India.
- British India’s Governors-General.
Geography/ Polity/ Miscellaneous/ Mobile and Computer technology Topics SSC CGL GK:
- Earth’s Movement, Earth’s Interior, Longitudes, Latitudes.
- The Solar System, The Atmosphere.
- Everything about the States of India.
- The Winds, Study of Ocean & Ocean Currents, Study of Volcanoes & Earthquakes.
- Various Habitats.
- India’s Physical Features.
- Indian Rivers, Study of various Indian Soils, Indian Agriculture.
- Indian Transportation, Indian Resources.
- World Geography.
- India’s Forests, The World & its continents.
- The Indian Constitution Framing, Indian Constitution’s Source, Indian Constitution- Schedules & Parts.
- The Vice President, The President, The Vice President.
- India’s Attorney General, Comptroller Auditor General, The Governors.
- The Vidhan Sabha and Vidhan Parishad, Panchayats of India.
- Indian Citizenship
- The Lok Sabha & Rajya Sabha, Funds of the Parliament,
- Article 370, The Emergency In India, Bills.
- Supreme Court, High Court, The Commissions.
- The Prime Minister & Cabinet Ministers, The Writs & Commissions.
- Census of Population, The Union Budget, Economic Survey & Demonetization.
- Authors & Important Books, The Oscar Winners.
- Indian Sports Champions, First Olympics Of the world, Asian Game Champions.
- Sea Ports that are famous, The Airports of India and their locations.
- Symbols and State Animals.
- Indian Important Institutions.
- World’s important Institutions & their locations (like BRICS, World Bank, IMF and RBI etc.).
- Art & Culture of India, Indian Awards & their Significance, Indian Awards & their Significance, The Nobel Laureates & their Fields.
|Mobile and Computer technology
- Computer Or Mobile Abbreviations, Computer or Mobile Memory, Comp & Mob Input & Output Devices.
- Development of Computers.
So, now that you know what are the topics of SSC CGL GK, let’s find out what could be your strategy for preparing.
GK Preparation Tips:
- Entrants, please read the NCERT books of History, Geography, economics, polity and science mainly books ranging from 6th standard till 12th standard.
- NCERT books are, especially favoured for science subjects.
- You will be able to score good marks if you prepare for the science section.
- The special focus should be on biology.
- You must study Lucent as many times as possible for questions based on inventions awards, various discoveries and sports.
- Entrants are advised to divide the Lucent’s questions into ten parts and start solving them within ten days.
Start solving previous year’s current affairs question. If your exam is in 2021 you must solve 2020’s question first and then move to the next.
- There various other websites for GK and current affair which can help you prepare for SSC CGL 2021 GK exam.
- Entrants are also advised to solve question from Lucent Objective or Kiran 7300 Of Gs.
- You must follow the exam trends and make your own analysis of books.
- Entrants are often driven to prepare more current affairs than GK. You must avoid doing that and focus more on GK.
- If you follow the trend you will notice the static GK score weight is more than that of current affairs.
- Above all, read the questions carefully and mark the answer as soon and move to the next.
- Don’t waste your time if you can’t answer a question.
- You should answer at least 1 question from each section.
SSC CGL 2021 GK Books To Follow:
- You must follow the book of India Polity by Mr M. Lakshmikant.
- For Polity, you may also follow the study materials of NIOS and Lucent Books as said earlier.
- For Geography please follow the normal NCERT book, from standard 7 till standard 12 books.
- The same goes for Economics. You should follow the NCERT book of standard 11- 12.
- As already discussed above for science the NCERT books are great.
- For history please follow State Education Board textbooks of Tamil Nadu for standard 11 and 12.
- There are other free forums on the internet for GK current affairs, which you can follow to prepare for GK.
Follow all the advice given above and prepare as per the info given. Plan your day and divide your time among subjects so that you don’t get bored reading one subject each day. You will be able to enjoy your reading if you divide the subjects to study. It is not a big deal to score in GK but if you ignore it you will miss on chance of easy scoring. You should check out the SSC CGL Syllabus and SSC CGL Exam Pattern to know the score division for the ease of study plan making. It is also advised to check the SSC CGL Cut Off Marks for the last three years so that you come to know, which area you have to focus more on to crack SSC CGL Exam.
SSC CGL GK FAQs:
What are the important topics of the SSC CHSL 2021 General Awareness section?
The subjects covered in GK are Science, History, Geography, Polity, Miscellaneous and Computer and mobile technology. There are several subsections in each subject which the entrant need to study.